The first version of Illustrator was released in 1987. Adobe Illustrator is a computer program that is used by graphic designers, desktop publishers, illustrators, and technical artists to create vector images. Vector is very different from pixel images that Photoshop works with. With Illustrator you make illustrations, as the name suggests. But with Illustrator you can also make technical drawings, for example, cross-sections of machines. It is mainly used in the graphic world for designing a logo, typography and the design of graphic products, for example, pages of a brochure, a poster or a website. Illustrator is also an ideal program for creating infographics.
What can you expect?
Explanation about the following:
- the layout, tools, and windows of Illustrator
- working with documents and artboards
- the different color spectra and resolutions
- different file types and their properties
- working with layers
- working with clipping masks
- working with the isolation mode
- the most popular tools including the Pen Tool
- work with the Pathfinder
- geometric shapes
- transformation option for objects
- define color samples
- exporting objects and artboards
- creating PDFs
- exporting artboards
- work with the different text functions
- working with Image Trace
- making a logo
- typography and letter contours
- changing colors of an object
It is possible to receive a certificate at the end of the course. This certificate is a proof of participation.
Days and times: Wednesdays from 19:00h – 21:30h
- 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th of March
- 3th, 10th, 17th, 24th of June
- 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th of November
Duration: Every course last 2,5 hours
- Own laptop & mouse
- Installed version of Adobe software
Price: €423,50 incl. VAT €350,- ex. VAT
Language: Dutch. English spoken courses are also available but only during the day. Check out www.creatienest.nl/en for more details.
About the trainer
The courses are given by Stefan, a freelance graphic designer with more than 10 years of experience in online and offline projects. I have work experience with international brand names, smaller media companies and also working privately. At the end of 2018, Creatienext was voted to be the best educator of the Netherlands. Stefan Hensen was also voted to be the best trainer of the Netherlands 2018. In 2019 he was nominated for both and has ranked in the top 3.
Note: The workshop only takes place with a minimum of two participants.
If there are not enough participants 48 hours before the start of the workshop, we have the right to cancel the workshop and ask you to choose a new time.